Although this does not mean that in other seasons it does not develop, it is in winter when it tends to spread the most, since the heat inside contrasts with the humidity outside. This condensation is summarized in the appearance of moisture in the walls and carpets in which the unpleasant fungus can germinate. A visit to https://completedetail.net/mold-remediation/
How to identify mold?
It is commonly thought that it is only toxic when ingested or inhaled, but the truth is that you do not need to know what type of mold you have to know that in one way or another, it will be harmful.
Some types such as Penicillium, Alternaria or Fusarium produce the so-called mycotoxins, which are toxic substances that can make us sick. Mold and its type is not identified only by color as it is irrelevant. The most reliable way in which we can identify a fungus ourselves is visually or with the smell.
The stale or damp smell is usually caused by a mold, and if you do not see it with the naked eye, do not discard that it is covered.
How to treat mold allergy?
According to the American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology, If you are allergic to mold, the best thing you can do is stay away from it, that is, it is time to remove mold from home.
- If exposure to mold is outside, stay away from grown herbs and avoid raking leaves. When you get from outside to the house, it becomes routine first of all to the shower to eliminate mold spores from your hair and body and prevent them from germinating inside the house.
- The article that may interest you: Foods that can make you sick.
- Remove mold from your home by monitoring the places where the air does not reach or moisture is concentrated, taking special care of those porous surfaces where it is more difficult to remove. Reduce the humidity in your home, carpets and basement.
The above tips are applicable to all cases, but if it is a severe allergy, the great thing would be to buy an air purifier like this or an air ionizer for allergies like this
Pear covered with mold
How to remove mold from plants
Many times when we look at our plants, especially indoor ones, you can see some mold in the soil, but this mold does not really harm the plant, but it is an indicator that the environment in which the plant is prone to diseases, which may, for example, rot the root. In order to remove mold from an indoor plant, you will need a knife and a shovel, with which you will scrape the surface mold and remove up to 4 centimeters of soil below where it manifested. Remember that it can also be present on the leaves and on the stem, in which case the best thing you can do is cut it so that it does not infect the entire plant. The goal is to never get to the root. If you have more plants, you have to check that the rest does not have mold indicators so that it does not spread further.